The Elder Law Firm (Davis Pagnano McNeil & Vigna, LLP) was created to provide quality legal services and practical solutions for people facing challenges related to aging or disability. We can work with you on:
- Wills and trusts, to help you plan your estate and provide for the people and the organizations that are important to you;
- Special needs trusts, to protect an inheritance or other money or property for a disabled person who receives government benefits based on financial need;
- Durable financial powers of attorney and advance directives for health care, to guide your representatives in making decisions if you are injured or ill;
- Guardianships and conservatorships, including going to court, when there are concerns about whether someone who has physical or mental disabilities is able to make decisions;
- Probate and trust administration, to assist you in handling the money and property in the estate or the trust, giving the necessary notices, settling claims by creditors, paying any required taxes, and distributing the assets to the people who are supposed to receive them; and
- Planning for long-term care and Medicaid, to give you information about care options and to help you understand the rules about protecting assets and qualifying for Medicaid assistance.
- Veteran's Benefits, due to you for your service.
The four attorneys in The Elder Law Firm have more than 70 years combined experience in addressing the specialized needs of elders, people with disabilities, and their families. We are committed to providing you with answers to your important questions. We start by listening to you.