The lawyers of The Elder Law Firm value their relationships with attorneys, professional fiduciaries, social workers, agency staff, care providers, accountants, financial advisors, and other professionals in the community. Sharing information that can be used to help clients is an important part of those relationships. The Elder Law Firm makes the following articles and presentations available to assist the professionals who provide services to people facing challenges related to aging or disability. The abbreviation "CLE" stands for Continuing Legal Education. Materials developed for CLE programs and for state and local bar associations were written for attorneys.
- "IMPORTANT ELDER LAW NUMBERS" effective January 2019
- "VA BENIFITS FOR BEGGINERS" by Timothy M. McNeil, Southern Oregon Estate Planning Council, March 26, 2019
- "CLOSING AND DISTRIBUTION OF ASSETS" by Richard A. Pagnano, Oregon Law Institute CLE Seminar: ABCs of Decedents’ Estate Administration, April 8, 2016
- "CIVIL COMMITMENT, GUARDIANSHIP, OR ...?" Facilitator: Tim McNeil, Oregon State Bar Elder Law Section UnCLE, May 5, 2017
- "RESOURCES ON GUARDIANSHIP, CONSERVATORSHIP, AND OTHER OPTIONS" by Penny L. Davis, Oregon State Bar CLE Seminar: Guardianships and Conservatorships, October 6, 2017
- "CONTROLLING THE FUTURE: PLANNING DOCUMENTS FOR HEALTH CARE, FINANCES, AND ESTATES" by Penny L. Davis, Gay and Grey Expo, September 22, 2018
- "GUARDIANSHIP AND OTHER TOOLS" by Penny L. Davis, Cascadia Clackamas Health Center, September 11, 2018
- "OLDER ADULTS WITH COGNITIVE DISABILITIES" by Tim McNeil, 2018 Oregon State University Gerontology Conference, April 4, 2018
Important Notice: The articles and outlines in this section contain general information. They do not provide legal advice about a particular situation. Unless otherwise noted, the articles and outlines have not been updated or revised to reflect changes in statutes, administrative rules, or case law following the date when they were first published.